Voting Methodology and Research
American Choice Awards personnel works with distinguished Juries of Editors, Category Experts and Primary Shoppers to identify key areas of consumer interest. Jury Research Questionnaires, telephone interviews and online surveys are carefully reviewed to determine suitable Nominees for the competition. Our main concerns include knowing that they have wide appeal, and are consistent with the quality and focus of The Best Brand Awards.
Upon notification, Nominees use the official Registration Form to provide additional brand highlights. The information is researched, formatted and transferred onto the Consumer Ballots for the voting process. The Category Winners are privately notified once the votes have been tabulated and certified.
National Opinion Research Center Platform
Voters are screened “Primary Shoppers” who are responsible for the primary shopping decisions in their households. Respondents judge multiple category-specific criteria as well as the key factors of Familiarity, Quality, Purchase Consideration and Recommendation. A category universe of voters is set in order to achieve the target level of accuracy. Once the respondent total is reached, voting in that category is closed.
The Primary Shopper Panels data yields deep understandings of particular products, brands and categories, and tracks longitudinal changes in consumer behaviors and opinions. All participants receive a customized Category Research Portfolio with voter feedback and in-depth category analysis. Brands use the actionable intelligence to improve products, boost customer satisfaction and identify new opportunities.
The Process Gleans:
- Values and behaviors of specific demographic groups
- Reactions to major current trends
- Purchasing habits
- Interests & attitudes
- Media habits
- Geographic insights
Market Research-Based Results:
- Define discrete market segments
- Track brand awareness, acceptance, and engagement
- Assess key market drivers
- Track product & category opinion timelines
- Develop or refine key product positioning and messaging
Takeaways for Participants:
- Results by gender, age, geography, and income
- Consumer impressions of brands and products
- Data to optimize assortment, pricing and promotions
- Improve marketing strategies and focal points
- Demographic insights and urban/rural breakdown
- State-level target data
- Zip code-prefix target data